It truly warms my heart to be recognized by fellow bloggers. Love you guys!!! Livinglifewithmentalhealth, Bipolar – Notice Me Aliens, and A Guy Called Bloke nominated me for the Liebster Award, and Life With an Illness and The Jessica Effect nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you aren’t already familiar with these blogs, definitely check them out, because they’re fabulous.
These awards are a fun way to get to know each other and also to spread the love around. I’ve picked as nominees people that I haven’t nominated for awards before (at least according to my all-knowing blogging spreadsheet), and hopefully I can give you some ideas of cool new blogs to follow. For those I’ve nominated, please don’t feel obligated to do an award post, or take your sweet time doing one… I know they can be time-consuming! Oh, and if you’ve already been nominated for the one that I’ve nominated you for, please feel free to switch your nomination over to the other award. As you can probably guess from the alphabetical order, no thought went into which award to nominate you for 😉
So, time to dive right in.
“The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers that is given by other bloggers. It exists only on the internet and gives recognition and exposure to new and promising blogs. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The winner is chosen and awarded at the end of each year.”
The official rules of the award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know of their nomination!
Questions from Livinglifewithmentalhealth:
- When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about? When I’m old I dream of having a farm with a bunch of critters, so kids will want stories about the critters.
- What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat? A komodo dragon. That’s not actually the cutest, but it just popped into my mind.
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? I’m sure there are a few, but what’s jumping to mind isn’t actually a food combination, but a combination of pancakes and cold temperature. I love cold pancakes.
- What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life? Guinea pigs who aren’t interested in food. Huge red flag.
- If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? Chill out at home.
- What’s the most creative use of emojis you’ve ever seen? I’m a bit baffled by emojis beyond the basic ones.
- What “old person” things do you do? Go to bed by 8pm.
- What’s something you really resent paying for? Parking.
- What riddles do you know? None that I can think of.
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator? Sean Connery because he has a cool voice.
- If you were moving to another country, but could only pack one carry-on sized bag, what would you pack? Laptop, passport, wallet, pills.
Questions from Bipolar – Notice Me Aliens
- What is your favorite hobby/passion? Probably travelling.
- How many languages can you speak? Just English, but any time I travel I learn a handful of words in the local language.
- You like animals? Yes!!!!!!
- You ever play a videogame? If yes what is your favourite? I haven’t played video games since I was a kid, at which point I liked Legend of Zelda (or whatever it was called).
- You have any piercing? I have both ears pierced, but don’t actually wear earrings that often any more.
- You have any tattoo? I have 3. My favorite is a large phoenix tattoo.
- The last book you have read? The Introvert Advantage.
- Your goals/dreams for the future? Do more travelling. Find a job I like (same career, just different job).
- What you think about the “stigma” to mental illness?
- Favourite flavor of pizza? “Canadian”, i.e. pepperoni, bacon, and mushroom
- Morning or night? Morning morning morning
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke:
- What’s the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- Do you own a pet if so, what? I have 5 guinea pigs, which may officially make me a crazy guinea pig lady.
- What is your favourite game – this can be old fashioned board games all the way up to current? Colonel Mustard with a rope in the dining room… Clue!
- Have you ever had to make a decision that you didn’t like? Discuss if you wish or simply answer Yes/No? Yes. Quit my job or continue to be bullied.
- What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a guinea pig? It doesn’t get any cuter than a guinea pig, so that’s that.
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of? Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze just keeps getting sexier and sexier every time.
- Where are some unusual places you’ve been? Riding on horseback and staying in a yurt in Kyrgyzstan.
- Do you think that aliens exist? I think the chances of Earth being the only planet with life are very slim.
- What mythical creature do you wish actually existed? A unicorn. and I would braid purple ribbons in its hair.
- Which of your teachers at school resembled the dragon or a dragon? Who is the dragon? I feel like I’m missing something…. But my grade 6 teacher was Maori and he struck me as a warrior-like individual who could kick some dragon ass.
- If magic was real, what spell would you try to learn first? Making icky people disappear.
I like the questions that were posed to me, so for my nominees I say pick at random from the 33 questions above.
Versatile Blogger Award
The rules are simple:
- Give 8 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate few versatile bloggers and you’re done.
Facts about me:
- I have one grandparent still living: my grandma, who is 101 years old.
- Longevity runs in the family, and I have little hope of dying of natural causes before I’m 90.
- I’m thinking about getting a new tattoo of a Celtic oak tree design.
- I’m a notorious plant killer but I have 2 happy prayer plants in my bedroom.
- Bedtime is often my favorite time of day.
- At this moment I can see my iron sitting in my closet, and realize that it has been several years since I last used it.
- I have cold feet so I prefer to wear socks even in the summer.
- I’m glad that I’m part Arabic, because it means I tend to tan rather than sunburn.
So, there you have it! Thanks again to Livinglifewithmentalhealth, Bipolar – Notice Me Aliens, A Guy Called Bloke, Life With an Illness, and The Jessica Effect for the nominations. Please have a look at these blogs and the blogs I’ve nominated…. they’re well worth a read!