Yippee! Thanks so much to Emilia at My Inner MishMash for nominating me for the Blogging Chums Award.
The Blogging Chums Award is given to particularly brilliant bloggers who are really providing something special to the community, either through their writing or the way they engage with other people: they’re just brilliant! The award was created by Robert at The Non-Alcoholic Student.
Here are the rules:
1. Be sure to use the award image!
2. List the rules & about paragraph!
3. Thank whoever nominated you!
4. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you to spread some positivity around the Internet – anyone will do!
5. Nominate 5-10 more people for the award and go let them know about it in their comments!
Thank you for being one of the most important figures in my life. You’ve always been 110% on my side, and frequently tell me how wonderful/smart/beautiful I am. Your home has always been my 2nd home, where one of the bedrooms is designated as “Ashley’s room”. You never took anything too seriously, and you could always see the humour in everything. Much of our time together is spent laughing, and when my brother and I were young we had the most fun when we were staying at Grandma’s house. I have learned so much from you about the history of our family, and I feel like I know well all of these people that I never had the opportunity to meet.
Back in the day when it wasn’t considered acceptable to do so, you walked out on your husband because he was putting you down rather than lifting you up. That must have taken so much courage.
It’s truly amazing that you’ve made it to 101 years old. I know that means I won’t have you around for much longer, but I try to avoid thinking about that. Age has taken its toll on your memory, but you still have the same spark and readiness to laugh. Some of my favourite moments have always been those times I’ve spent with you. You have truly brought light to my life.
Much love forever,
- Alys Journals
- Ashley @ Practicing Imperfection
- BPD Blogger with Kids @ Mental Health & Killing the Stigma
- Bipolar Barb
- Ease the Ride
- Karen @ Blue Sky Days 365
- KD @ Her Patchwork Heart (in case you’re not following her new blog site this is the link for it)
- Maranda Russell
- Revenge of Eve
- The Jessica Effect
- Topics with Passion
Thanks again to My Inner MishMash for nominating me.❤️ Happy blogging everyone!